Proposed pipeline routes can be evaluated more cost-effective due to the wider corridor and high detail.
Oil & Gas pipelines
Pipelines are a fast, safe and environmental friendly way to transport fluids, gasses or raw materials for organizations that need their supplies on demand. Since pipelines are often located below grounds they eliminate access restrictions and distribution problems caused by traffic. Pipelines make materials available whenever they are needed.
In a way, FLI-MAP is the 'pipeline' of 3D geographical data collection. It is fast and cost-efficient, it easily accesses remote areas, and it overcomes access restrictions. The data can build up the platform for a heterogeneous GIS/CAD database in which all aspects in the corridor along the pipeline can be analyzed. From this platform applications can be developed for innumerable purposes, including:
- Asset inventories
- Encroachment control
- Location and classifying buildings and other objects within the special protection zone
- Documentation and visualization of the pipeline route with actual imagery
- Providing uniform and detailed digital means to check building and land moving permissions
- Fast checking of critical heights of ground coverage, when combined with existing sub-surface data or data provided using an “intelligent scout pig”
- Planning of new routes
- Design and maintenance planning
- 3D visualization of existing and new to be build routes